Here is summary of life changing messages from the holy discourse of Satguru Mata Sudiksha Ji Maharaj, as blessed during the virtual Samagam on Sunday, 8th August, 2021.
1. A child is born with a pure mind. There is no feeling of discrimination or condemnation in his mind towards anyone. But, as we age due to various influences, we form different misconceptions and assumptions about others. Only the Divine Knowledge (Brahmgyan) can curb these.
2. We were given 5 pledges before taking the Divine Knowledge (Brahmgyan). In the second pledge, it was explained that we should not hate or condemn anyone on the basis of caste, creed or religion. Nor should any such identity, be a reason for pride. Your thoughts may be good but, don’t impose them on others. We should see one God in everyone.
3. A youth raised a question during NYS, that if we have to live life rising above caste, then what is the need to use surname with name? Whether to use surname or not, may be a personal choice but, its real purpose should be identification, not pride . Names only facilitate identification. If all men are named as ‘A’ and all women are named ‘B’, how difficult it would be to identify everyone. Names are merely for purpose of identification.
4. We have no right to consider our caste as high and others’ caste as low. Taking pride in considering one’s caste as high or having feeling of guilt or depression by considering one’s caste as low; both are incorrect .
5. It is mentioned in Hardev Bani that ‘Hardev says, if you do not refrain from backbiting (Ninda), you will be called a backbiter (Nindak) and devotion will also be lost’. Hence, we are not to look down upon others with condemnation or hatred on any ground. Spreading a word about others, with any motive or trick in mind, is not a sign of a devotee . The basis of devotion should only be teachings of Guru (Gurumat).
6. If we are broad minded, such narrow minded thoughts will not come in mind. Sometimes we have same outlook towards relationships as well. Be it man or woman, all are free to choose their partner. We have no right to point fingers at others. Everyone has their own thinking; whatever they choose is fine. Relationships are anyhow related to soul .
7. We have already dedicated our body, mind and wealth to God in the first pledge; so how can we be proud of it? If we consider God (Nirankar) and True Master (Guru) close to us, then we will be saved from wrong thinking or action. Without depicting our shrewdness by getting entangled in small things, we are to adopt broadmindedness and have a broad vision .
8. We should have positive thoughts in mind and stay alert; it’s then only that we can lead a life full of devotion. We should not fall under the category of a backbiter (Nindak). With the Divine Knowledge (Brahmgyan) as priority, God (Nirankar) should be our point of focus.
* * *