Here is the gist of Her Holiness Satguru Mata Sudiksha Ji Maharaj’s discourse, as blessed during Sunday’s virtual Satsang on 19th September, 2021.
1. In every situation, a disciple upholds human values and imbibes them in life. Even if someone takes advantage of his goodness; he does not give up. But, he makes them consciously realize that although he understands everything, still he will not leave the path of goodness.
2. Human values and Sewa, Simran and Satsang carve us like a diamond. Saints always talk about the balanced path . They stay away from the extreme. Unlike the pendulum of a clock, they don’t oscillate and in fact maintain a balance, with the support of God (Nirankar).
3. There was a king, who renounced his royal kingdom, took refuge of a Guru and adopted a spiritual path. The Guru explained to him to restrict his desires. Seeing the other disciples, he also tries to stay restrained. If others fasted for one day, the king would fast for two days. If they walked barefoot, the king would walk barefoot on the stones. When the Guru saw this he explained not to get into extreme. To hurt oneself is not devotion; we should not pretend to be solitary. Body, mind and wealth are gift of the Lord, we need to take care of these and should stay away from attachment and extremes .
4. Many a times there is a situation in the house while explaining something to someone; we say, now we are done with it; now we will not explain further to this person. The path of goodness is tough. It takes time to improve someone but, we should continue doing good. Taking help of God (Nirankar), we should continue to keep ourselves calm.
5. Many musical instruments which have strings; if they are tightened too much, the sound and tone do not sound right; some strumming sound comes. Even if the strings are left loose; no notes will be heard. It has to be tightened in an appropriate way. Similarly, relationships should be handled with dignity.
6. Ups and downs and problems are part of life. If we fall on a cement floor, the injury will be more and if we fall on a mattress or grass, the injury will be less. Similarly, if we take help of God and use human values then, we shall not feel troubled or restlessness under any circumstance .
7. To stay in company of God (Nirankar) and do Simran, does not mean that we should quit everything. We have also been asked in the fourth pledge, to fulfill our duties towards our family, society and country etc. We have to make our character fragrant with human values.
* * *