Enthusiasm Marks the Nirankari Blood Donation Drive

Enthusiasm Marks the Nirankari Blood Donation Drive

680 Units Donated

 


Overwhelming enthusiasm marked the Nirankari Blood Donation Drive at the Camps held at Andheri (East), Chunabhatti, Kalwa (Thane) and Uran on Sunday, 27 June, 2010 wherein 680 units of blood were donated.

A total of 1427 units were collected at the 8 camps held on 20th and 27th June, 2010.

Devout Nirankaris came in large numbers to donate blood wearing a smile on their face and a content look of being of some service to mankind.

At Andheri East 332 units were collected jointly by Cama Hospital (58), Cooper Hospital (172) and Bhabha Hospital (102). The dignitaries who visited the camp were Mr.Manohar Panchal, Corporator and API Mr. Laghwankar.

Rev. Virendra Bamne Ji, Convenor and coordinator of the Zonal Committee, Sant Nirankari Mandal, Mumbai Branch inaugurated the camp at Chunabhatti where the Sion Hospital collected 82 units of blood. The Mission takes this opportunity to thank the authorities who gave the Municipal School Premises for the Camp free of Charge.

At Kalwa, 215 units were jointly collected by the Civil Hospital, Thane (124) and Chh. Shivaji Hospital, Kalwa (91). Ms. Aparna Salvi, Corporator inaugurated the camp.

At Uran 51 units were collected by the Tata Memorial Hospital, Kharghar. The Camp was inaugurated by Shri Suresh Koli, Sarpanch, Village Hanuman Koliwada, Uran. Mr.Nitin Bhoir, President of the Uran Municipal Council not only visited the camp but took part in the noble deed by donating his blood.

The Sector Incharge, Area Incharge along with Nirankari Sewa Dal Volunteers of the respective areas worked in close co-ordination with Dr.R.S.Yadav, In-charge, Medical Department of the Mandal, and his team in arranging the Blood Donation Camps.

Further the Mandal has planned four such camps in July, 2010 at Bhayander, Wadala, Santacruz and Delisle Road.

* * *